Tom Cox  

Goldmine API Access - Gm7s32.dll

Posted by Tom Cox
Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I was recently writing an interface between an order management system and Goldmine. I needed to access the Goldmine API to write new contact records to Goldmine whenever there was contact info in the order management system that did not exist in Goldmine. Despite my best efforts, it took me a while to find out how to access the Goldmine API from my C#.Net code. So here's what I learned...

You need to supply the method prototype to C#, this part was pretty straightforward and could be found in the (400+ page) API Guide:

[DllImport("Gm7s32.dll")]
public static extern int GMW_LoadAPI(string szSysDir, string szGoldDir, string szCommonDir, string szUser, string szPassword);

Notice the first 3 parameters are SysDir, GoldDir, and CommonDir. I had no idea what to use for these values. (The final 2 parameters: User and Password seemed easy enough!) After some painful searching and guesswork, I was able to log into the API and insert records. HOWEVER, I later found this quick bit of info that would have saved me hours...

Step 1: Log into Goldmine and select Help --> About


Step 2: Click the System button.


Step 3: Use the values in System Files, Goldmine Files, and Contact Files for your first 3 parameters.


Simple, eh?

3 Comments:

At November 20, 2009 at 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip - this saved me a lot of time and headache!

 
At November 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a very Great !
Instead GoldMine API developer are very poor !

Thanks a lot,
Giovanni

 
At November 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for that, you saved me a load of trial & error.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home